During the month of March I had the chance to play 'Nanny Nancy' and watch my niece and nephew while their parents were away. My sister called it 'good practice' before our little one comes. I learned to value the sacred afternoon nap (I seriously took advantage of it on a daily basis). By the end of the two weeks I am not going to lie I was pooped...but we played hard and had lots of good laughs. I am just impressed how so many parents do this on a daily basis. I know my turn is coming soon enough----am I ready, eeeekk? Thanks Morgan and Andrew for being so good for Auntie Nancy and keeping my record clean of NO TRIPS TO THE ER on my watch!
Andrew on the 'di-tar' he loves to play 'rock star'
Bath time: always a highlight of the night
2 comments:
Wow! I'm impressed, two whole weeks! I'm sure it's even more exhausting when you're pregnant, but you're right--it's tiring. And afternoon naps are SACRED!! Did you find yourself counting down to bedtime, too?? :P I'm sure that experience will have prepared you for motherhood much more than I was prepared. But I guess you can never be fully prepared for the emotional and physical toll of an newborn. So many emotions, so little sleep. Good thing they grow up quickly. Makes you want to do it again! And that's even crazier!
...and that is why the Lord gives us ONE at a time... for the most part. :)
Post a Comment