Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Your Life is Worth Living


I was driving over a bridge in New York on my way home last night and I noticed a sign that I had never seen before. I had to make sure my eyes were not playing tricks on me. The sign said, "Your Life is Worth Living"! Was this for real? is this NY's attempt at preventing people from jumping off of a bridge? Maybe, they think if it is the last thing they read they may reconsider. As odd and unusual as it was it did make me a little sentimental and reminded me that YES INDEED I am grateful that life IS worth living. (please note, this post is not to imply that I ever doubted that it wasn't).

Here are a few things that make life worth living:

*A husband that I love and adore
*A baby boy that I could hug and squeeze all day
*A family that loves me and teaches me so much
*Raspberry and white chocolate cheesecake
*Summer afternoons swimming in the pool
*Sitting out on the back porch and talking on the phone
*David and his new tricks
*getting phone calls from old friends 'just because'
*going for an early morning jog
*watching our garden grow
*Sweet Potato Fries
*Making a new friend
*Sitting on the beach and hearing the sound of waves crash and feeling the tide come in around your feet
*Going for Sunday afternoon walks with my little family
*Road biking down deserted country roads

and the list goes on...


5 comments:

Angie said...

Interesting sign and interesting timing. Did you hear that someone jumped off of the Baptist Road bridge last week? 25 was closed for several hours. Sad, huh. Life is indeed worth living!! Call me when you get a chance. :)

Colette said...

I LOVE cool signs! Loved the post... life definitely is worth living - and it's usually the little things that make the biggest difference. :)

Ryan said...

I love sweet potato fries as well!!!

Monique said...

And the list does go on and on... and sweet potato fries rock!

See Mack Snow said...

Yeah, they have a similar sign on the Golden Gate Bridge. I had a similar reaction the first time I saw it. :) By the way, those pics of David turning 1 are so cute!!