Tuesday, October 30, 2012

1 Already?!!


On September 20th my sweet, lively, energetic little Emma turned one and I am not sure where the year has gone.  We had a whirlwind of a summer as we sold our home in New Jersey, took a new job in Portland, Oregon and are now settling into our home in Camas, WA.  Sad to say but Emma's birthday fell right on the days we were moving into our new home.  We decided it would be best to celebrate early so while Grandma and Grandpa Kofford were in town we celebrated.  I truly believe that the first birthday celebration is all about the cake!  Emma did not disappoint.  The first birthday milestone is just as much a celebration for us parents.  I feel like it is a little pat on the back saying..."way to go Mom and Dad you made it through the first year...you might even get a little more sleep this next year!"

Emma is certainly my adventurous child.  She has a little look when you know she is trying to be sneaky.  She moves her lower jaw forward and lets those lower teeth pucker through her lips.  As she does that she also has a bit of a furrowed brow.  She has been walking since 11 months and is certainly more of a climber than David was...oh boy.  One of her favorite spots is to climb up on her little rocking chair, turn herself around and rock.  She is a great little eater and goes ballistic when she sees a bottle of milk.  Emma is in the 70th percentile for both height and weight.

 Bath time has got to be one of her favorite times of the day as she splashes, laughs and always tries to stand up.  She is learning quickly how to defend herself against her big brother.  He is constantly climbing on her or trying to pin her down and she is not afraid to reciprocate with a tackle of her own.  But no one makes Emma laugh the way David does.  There is something about that sibling bond.

Happy Birthday Emma, we can't imagine our family without you.  What joy, happiness and spunk you bring to our little family.


 Just getting started...

We did not know she was a thumb sucker





Tasted all of the colors of the rainbow...quite satisfying!



1 comment:

The Teeples Times said...

I can't believe she's one already!! WOW! she looks so much like David! She did awesome with her cake!! How are you guys doing? I hope you're settling in well and finding some awesome friends...you deserve it. I'm so glad to see you posting again, I've missed you! she's a doll, keep posting...